“He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.”
We need your help!
Learn more about our mission & how you can help:
2014 statistics states:
- 46.7 million people (14.8 percent) were in poverty.
- 15.5 million (21.1 percent) children under the age of 18 were in poverty.
- 4.6 million (10 percent) seniors 65 and older were in poverty.
- The overall national poverty rate according to the Supplemental Poverty Measure is 15.3 percent, as compared with the official poverty rate of 14.8 percent.
- Under the Supplemental Poverty Measure, there are 48.4 million people living in poverty, nearly 2 million more than are represented by the official poverty measure (46.7 million). www.feedingamerica.org
Although the state of Georgia appears to be one of America’s Mecca states, statistics state: